With...
Weston:
wolfes. wolves. in our driveway.

Weston was pretty stoked about this happening yesterday.
Yes, that is a real wild wolf. No, I really would not normally put a
picture of a dead animal on my blog - not really a fan of it - but I
must say that I'll make an exception for a WOLF!
Fish and game dude got this one and one other wolf on the neighbor's
ranch only about a mile away from us! He shot them from an airplane -
on a snowy day I don't know how he could see, but he did.
He shot them because they have been eating the neighbor's calves.
Fish and game dude told us that there are 5 other wolves about 1 mile
away from us and that a wolf can go 1 mile in like 5 minutes. Nice.
It is calving season and Weston gets to help out in the birthing
process occasionally. Remember this from last year? Ask him about the
prolapsed cow, too. Uhh {Shuddering}.
Spencer:
Had a major earache on Saturday and was very loud about it (which I don't blame him - sheesh!).
Kate wrote out Spencer's from-the-couch intense monologue:

"Ow! My ear ow my ear wa wa wa ow my ear Hurts owie owie owie."
He, along with Ezra, was on the couch a good chunk of Saturday.

He also has a new kid in his class. Now there are three kids in 1st grade and all boys. Happy for him.
Kate:
Has discovered the fun of a portable CD player. Although the only thing that she has listened to was either the audio book The Silver Chair or The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. No music yet.

She stayed home from school 2 days last week and on one of those days she read her first chapter book ever, The Magic Tree House book #4, Pirates Past Noon. I dare say that that was more productive than a day of Kindergarten.
Ezra:
Spends most of his time in a jammie shirt and underwear. He is a puzzle man; he will sit with Weston and do a 300 piecer. He is a silly and loves making faces.

And picking on Jiles.

Jiles:
Is 9 months old now. He cruises up the stairs and just today figured out how to come down feet first. His bonding place with Daddy is at the piano; he loves it.

I took him to the doctor today and found out that he has RSV. Sweet.
Me? Well, I had my first piano lesson ever tonight. Weston's Mom is teaching me. From the VERY beginning. Lesson 1: posture at the piano....
I'm excited!
P.S. I smell a skunk.
7 comments:
That wolf is amazing.
Scary for the cows and kids running sround, but quite majestic, in my opinion.
I love whats going down with your peeps.
Peiano? Awesome!
JAmee
xoxo
lots of misspelled words.
sorrya boutt hat.
Jamee
xoxo
wowzahs - wolves!? where do ya'll live?? that's kinda crazy!! you gonna save the skin??
Wow--do you do cloth diapers? Or is that just a diaper cover?
fast learner on the piano
Wow! Wolf. That's big. I was hoping Weston shot it.
Hey Carrie, great update. I hope the kids are better, and Kate is a very good reader! Those books are definitely more like 1st or 2nd grade level, wow! Good luck with your piano lessons, I know you will learn quick since you are so smart. you are also so funny! (the skunk)
Post a Comment