- started laundry
- had a slow-paced sit-down breakfast with Weston and Kate
- read a chapter in the scriptures and had family prayer
- feed and let chickens out
- ground wheat
- made butter
- started bread (which is now making my house smell most appetizing)
all by 8:16 a. m. I felt like superwoman for a bit there.
Now I'm tired. I stayed up too late last night trying to get stuff organized. I am on a mission to get moved in (finally, after 6 months!) and organized! and at least get in the beginnings of decorated!
My trek to town on Saturday was...well, I:
- found it most tiring - almost 4 of the 7 1/2 hours were spent in the car driving or taking care of Jiles
- didn't find fabric that I loved - I may just go with the online fabric shopping
- was SURE that I was going to get Classic Gray paint from Benjamin Moore but I just didn't feel it when I saw it at the paint store - it was too greige-y, so I didn't get any.
- just couldn't say NO to that thrift store next to the paint store.
- bought these at that thrift store: kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk



- hit Home Depot and got red silky-looking polyester curtains for $16/panel marked down from $50/panel. Living room? Master bedroom? Not sure yet.
P.S. Why do I feel like I must find a color and paint our main living area before I can do anything else? Ridiculous, I know.
5 comments:
Love the desk we have one just like it. Ours is painted red and is super cute love it!
that desk and chair are such great finds!!!
Love all of that stuff. Yay for slower mornings!
Why do I never have such good luck at thrift stores? You always seem to get such great finds! Your morning makes me feel like a lump on a log:) The fresh bread does sound worth the labor, though.
I have been looing for one of those desks for a long time. Or two or three, whatever.
Lucky duck!
Jamee
xoxo
Post a Comment