Spencer is sick today. He started feeling feverish just when we got home from church yesterday. He missed the "Eight is Great" program last night, darn it.
I've been reading a biography of Martin Luther King, Junior to him today as we lounge in the sunshine on my bed - me with book in hand, he with a cool wet cloth across his forehead. I love to read about how such great people became such great people, about the influences, role models and experiences that helped in molding them. Dr. King is one of those great people; he was born to be a leader.
In reading about those who have done such giant things for our society, as the Reverend Martin Luther King, Junior did, I can't help but think about our Heavenly Father watching and how these people are/were helping to accomplish something great for Him. Truly inspired.
Have you ever read Dr. King's I Have A Dream speech in its entirety? Read it here. It gives me goose bumps.

1 comment:
What a great book to read to Spencer while he was sick. I bet it will be a MLKJ day that he will always remember.
Post a Comment