long time for me.






yes, i'm still alive.
combination of Christmas busy-ness, visitors, no internet, kids out of school, lack of blogging desire (a rarity, to be sure).
it's late and tomorrow is the first day back to school. blah! i love my kids being home - no school, no arising early, no lunch-packing, no having to go anywhere...
overall our holiday was nice. and simple.
wonderfully simple.
i have more than a plethora of photos of the 2-week holiday.
here are some just of Christmas morning:

We all got a laugh out of these:




They are pictures of all of them as babies ironed on to dolls that I found in a box of fabric my mom had given me. She had already made the dolls, so all I had to do was print their faces onto iron-on paper and iron them on (your supposed to iron them on before the dolls are cut and stuffed. Oh well.) Thanks Mom for the dolls, and thanks Jill for the idea (click here to see how they are supposed to look)! The kids LOVE them.
Kate got about the homeliest Dalmatian EVER. Spencer really wanted to make her one - she really wanted one - so me and the Spencinater did it together. No pattern, no skill, pure homeliness. It reeks of fabric glue and Sharpie marker, but she totally loves it. She named it Zilly.

After presents we stepped outside. The morning had donned blue-skied and with ice-ladened branches.

Heavenly.

Weston did his chores like normal.

Spencer loaded his new-to-him Daisy BB Gun...

"You'll shoot your eye out!", is what everyone said when they saw him.

Later was Grandma and Grandpa's house, uncle tyson, uncle ammon, aunt leslie, mashed taters, fresh (really fresh - and home grown) prime rib, homemade cinnamon rolls, pie, fresh milk, singing 'round the piano,good times.
How was yours?
5 comments:
Simple is best! I'm gonna miss my kiddos tooo . . . tomorrow. We get one last day together (they go back Tuesday). My favorite is the Dalmatian dog you and Spencer made for Katelyn. It's awesome. Did Spencer sew some of it too? THanks for sharing!
What a happy day! You'll shoot your eye out! Classic. And those dolls are too funny. And good job on the dalmatian...too cute!
I love the little dog Spencer made. Nothing is better then a gift from the heart made with love. priceless something she will cherish for years to come. what a thoughtful little boy Spencer is. Looks like you guys had a great time.
I love your Christmas! Wonderful.
I know what you mean by going back to school. I don ot like it. Can't we just stay home and make cookies all day? Sheesh!
Our Christmas? we got the flu. It went around to everyone and didn't go away until New Years.
Jamee
xoxo
good Christmas, and I love the picture of spencer with his gun. Also, i think you should take a picture of zilly with the pjs on!
thanks for the fun times over new years and thanks for the
cute girly girl clothes for emma. You are so fun to be with!
Post a Comment