Thursday, December 3, 2009

full moon morning

Photobucket

It feels like the bus is coming earlier these days. We rolled out of bed this morning with 8 minutes until she was to come. Spencer stripped out of his jammies in front of the dying fire that Weston had just tried to revive, as I rummaged through the clean clothes basket for pants and a shirt and then threw them to Spencer to put on. He grabbed his money bag, excitedly proclaimed that he has being wanting to buy breakfast at school, jammed his wheel-less Healy's on his socked feet, and donned his coat and backpack as I scooted him out the mudroom door. They made it to the stop in time, and she took him away. He should now be arriving at school, hungry and wrinkled for picture day - sweet!

We still have hours before the sun will shine its handsome face on our corner. I'll get Kate to school for pictures still before it has even had a chance to warm our car. For now we'll revel in the full moon's light. It's not even officially winter yet. The winter solstice is still weeks away. But I don't mind the cold, or darkening mornings so much (so far) this year. I am, however, feeling the need to purchase some more paint - some colorful paint.

3 comments:

DE LIMA FAMILY said...

what a beautiful morning!

The Mrs. said...

What paint colors to chose...hmmm.one of the hardest choices a mom has to make for sure!!

I love picture day. We don't buy the pictures, so Olivia just wears what she normally would and when they give the pictures to us to see if we want to buy them, she is just plain her. I love it because I wasn't involved.

Daron just built some cupboards for our laundry room. He painted them red. They look awesome with our dark gray washer and dryer, and I thought of you.

Jamee
xoxo

Megan and Keli'i said...

Well, even though the seasons don't really change over here, I can kind of relate to this post. It starts getting dark around 5:30 now, so guess what time my kiddos hit the hay? 6:30pm. It is wonderful.

Love that photo. You're awesome, Carrie.