It was 11 degrees when I took Kate to school just before noon today.
It was 3 degrees on our way home from the store tonight. Can we just
say, "burrrr!"?
We have been staying inside a lot, reading lots of books by the fire. Some of the kids favorites are these:

10 cents a pop.
I got these from a yard sale when Spencer was a baby. 10 cents a piece. There were 3x as many. I wish that I had just bought the whole set. REEally wish I had. 10 cents each. My kids are in love with them. They play with them - stacking them up, etc. - more than reading them. I think that they mainly love the colors. So do I. 

I just think that they are cool. The spineless one is Alice in Wonderland.
Ever read any of 'em?
I've read most of Oliver Twist, some of Tom Sawyer, all of Gulliver's Travels, the beginning of Black Beauty, and half of Alice in Wonderland. How's that for book-dipping/reader's ADD?

Ezra helped me tape the spine on some of the books that needed it. He ran his finger across the title on the front cover of Oliver Twist and asked me what it said. I told him. A little while later I saw him running his finger across the title again saying quietly to himself, "All of our toys," instead of Oliver Twist. "All of our"...Oliver. Get it? Yeah, well it cracked me up.
Btw, does anyone know what year that is that Ezra is pointing to? I do, but do you?

8 comments:
if my experience in Rome taught me anything I believe it is 1954.
I need to go to the library and get some new books. I haven't read in a while and it's something I really enjoy doing.
Thanks for sharing about your winter blues too. So good to know we are not alone.
1954 duh
Love them all. Read them all too, but then again, I have an addiction.
PS- Sending sunshine your way.
oooh, love these!!! you don't know me, but i frequent your blog and found it through megan's (the one who commented above me) blog. i seriously love reading your blog. you make me want to pack up and live on a farm. i especially enjoy your pictures, and the changing of seasons!! such a wonderful life you live!!
Hey Liko,
That's funny... I used to frequent your blog before you went private! I also found your blog through Megan's. Looking at all of your Hawaii beach pix always made me want to sell all of our winter junk and move to Hawaii and surf. Seriously!!! (And one day I hope to be able to sew cute things like you!) I actually remember Doug from when he lived in the guy's part of the bridge house when I was there.
haha!! wonderful world of blogging. wanna still read?? shoot me an email and i'll add you to my list of readers (which has diminished since becoming private...).
The love of books...we love them at our house too! I am sorry to say I have only read Tom Sawyer. :( how's that for lame?
However, Kyle, Ethan and Austin have read all but Oliver Twist (I mean, "All of our Toys"!) Little men, Dickens, and Alice and wonderland, I believe.
They are all book worms. We have a set of classics, more than these, but not as old, cool and colorful and not as CHEAP! They are hard back though, and they are 2.99 each at Deseret book. Not bad...
Post a Comment