Thursday, September 3, 2009

Petting Percherons

Weston's Mom and Dad moved Jacque (Jackie...Jacky...), their mare, and Tom and Willy up to the ranch a couple of weeks ago. Tom and Willy are Percherons {n. A large draft horse of a breed developed in France, having a dark, often dappled coat.}

Weston's littlest bro Ammon, who was working at the ranch this summer, and his wife Leslie left to go back to college at the Y a few days after the horses came. So before they left, we had a BBQ for them at our house and then walked down to the barn to see Tom and Willy.

T and W are hugemungous! You have the feeling of being with Andre the Giant when near them.Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Ezra got stung twice by one of the barnyard's million bees. I booked him on down to the creek to smear mud on it. He preferred dipping his shirt in the cool water to hold against his stinging stings instead.

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Carrie! those pics are beautiful!

I need to call you.

I will try soon.
Jamee