Thursday, September 24, 2009

feet. feat. fete.

I didn't sleep all that well last night. Jiles woke up thrice, all 4 kids were in our bed at some point, I was listening to coyotes and owls, and then Spencer was bright-eyed at 5:45, and therefore so was I. But more so, I kept thinking about Kate's reading, Spencer's math, and a conversation that I had with my sister Wendy before I went to bed. About schools, and what not. And her run in/conversation with Nienie at Target. What an amazing person (Wendy and Nienie). Really and truly. Wendy said that Nienie is even more beautiful in real life.

We're so blessed to have such inspiring people around us. Are we not?



Photobucket

Today, Ezra and I climbed the old wooden ladder onto the lowest, and perhaps fattest, of the branches of the century tree. We kicked our shoes/bug-looking irrigation boots off and barefooted-ly watched the hay delivery man unload 2 semi trailers of alfalfa hay. ALFALFA! This means that Cookie (our milk cow if you are unaware) will produce more milk and that it will be very delicious (it is not so delicious right now, as she only grazes fresh grass).

Photobucket
Oh yes, and I am coming to you from a new location: my bedroom (only temporarily). But most significantly, I am coming at you with a new speed: HIGH SPEED!!
And that INDIAN SUMMER has decided to grace us. It's 10:54 pm, and with windows open, I'm smelling the warm air and listening to the creek, crickets, and that owl.
I really love my life.
Really.

5 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

love you, Carrie. You're one that inspires.

The Mrs. said...

I agree...
your even more beautiful in person too.
Jamee

Alison said...

I love reading about your life in the country. You do such a good job with your blog!

The Tomlinsons said...

I love how you find joy in litte things. And what a great mommy you are!

Tyson Andelin said...

high speed! Ya! But I'm a bit worried you may become addicted. jk