I had an epiphany today. After my test of faith yesterday, I was gifted an inspiration. And it has to do with mis-behavior, trying to "get stuff done", and negligence of my sweet #s 1-4 and family home evenings.
So we made it better. It had been a while since I got on the trampoline with the Littles. We played a jumping game with circles, squares, and triangles that we drew on there with chalk. Ezra and I transplated the vincas to the hanging baskets and we all helped Weston hang them, and the American flag. Hooray! We all said the Pledge of Allegiance with our hands on our hearts. Ezra was only wearing his orange underwear, which he nicknamed "Jason" when he was playing with them in the bathtub after he had a potty accident in them.

For dinner we all ate chicken and black bean enchiladas on the back porch. We had a great (and well-behaved) family home evening in the living room, then washed our cars, and then chilled on the back porch again, this time with homemade honeydue sorbet. (And it was DANG good, thank you very much.)
Weston has poison oak like major! He told me that it hurt was worse than child birth. Um, I've never had poison oak before but I'm pretty dang sure that it isn't worse than child birth.
He and the Littles got all ready to sleep on the trampoline...

...until a big wind, dust, and lightning storm chased us all back inside. So now they are all sound in their wee beds. Except for Ezra. He's asleep on the red striped rug behind me. See:
He just threw up.
What a good day.
O, and you know how I said before that I've never had poison oak. Yeah, well, I'm feeling pretty itchy right about now.....
5 comments:
I am so glad for opposition in all things, aren't you?
IF it wasn't for the bad, we wouldnt appreciate the good.
I love you guys!
Jamee
One time I got a sliver, the size of a golf tee, in my arm pit. That hurt worst than child birth also. I think I know what Wes was feeling.
Sorry Wes, I feel for you.
Daron
We've all had Sundays like yours. Did I ever tell you about the time Gabe was potty training, and somehow managed to step in some poop and had poop all over the bathroom and himself and I had to leave him, pantless and shoeless, screaming in the glass partition in the foyer while I got the rest of the kids out of sacrament meeting and loaded into the car and went back to clean the bathroom? (If you're bothered by the run-on sentence, just imagine how long it actually took.)
Poison oak = child birth? No. That is why men do not carry the babies.
I just really think you have a great little family. I love following your posts.
We had such a fun time seeing you guys a few weeks ago. Your kiddos are adorable.
And as far as your Sunday drama...you are not alone sista! I have been there many a time, it is not fun. I am glad you recovered!
Post a Comment