I know, they are way too little to go to school!
That's totally what I was thinking as I watched the big yellow bus come and take them away. {Without the mouth plugs.} This little girly is especially too little:
{No, I am NOT crying.}
I had set their alarms for 6:45 AM. At 6:15 AM, I heard Spencer noising around. A minute later I heard him talking to Kate in her room. At 6:23 AM, I heard Spencer's voice say, "Mommy, it's time to start walking to the bus stop." (The bus was to come at 7:35.)
I opened my eyes and looked to the doorway where Spencer was standing, Kate just to the side of him, both dressed and backpacks on. I giggled.
Needless to say, they were both very excited for this first day.
They were supposed to be reaping vegetables from their last year's garden. That's the reason Spencer is sporting the gloves. And those things in their hands is their "get to know you" project - cubes.
That big yellow bus took them there:
There, to that little white 2-room schoolhouse, complete with a bell on top that is rung by pulling a rope. It was built in 1910. They have since taken out the pot-bellied stove.
They had fun today. And the word on the street is that the Andelin kids can down more pancakes than anyone in the entire school. And they are the youngest.
There are 16 students this year - K through 5. The Kindergarten class is Katelyn. Spencer and his little buddy, Timmy, are the first graders. Those 3 share an area and a teacher with the 2 2nd grade girls (one of which is Timmy's sister).
In other news:
- Spencer lost his 2nd tooth yesterday. He was biting Kate's shirt and she moved really fast and it came out. He cried and was mad at Kate for a while (and it was her fault how?). His concern was that it wasn't ready to come out yet. The tooth fairy came in the night and left some small change underneath his pale yellow-cased pillow. She also left the tooth because she couldn't find - that is, she knew that Spencer would want to keep it.
- The update on the drug bust is this: 9,600 plants were found, ripped out, helicoptered out, and burned. (Now, REALLY, is burning the ONLY way to get rid of marijauna? I'm just a little bit skeptical of that. All those highly toxic fumes and all.) Of the 3 men, local news says, "Police gave chase for several hours. The men eventually abondoned their weapons and fled into the hills." And, for the record: No, I am not scared.
- Because of this drug bust, Weston can finally use his joke (if you are unaware, Weston LOVES jokes - hearing them and telling them.). It more or less goes like this: "Our cows are up in the forest grazing where they made that drug bust. Now we can really have that nice pot roast we've been wanting." Get it? I stink at telling jokes. You'll have to hear him tell it.
Adios amigos!



7 comments:
I can not imagine sending to fo my kids to school my day will soon come though. First off you look stunning Carrie in that cute picture of you and your baby girl. I love it. Congrats on the tooth spencer and I love that tiny little school, its like the little house on the praire show. what a dream you are living. I bet it was nice though having just two kids at home, but if your anytinhg like me im sure you would rather be filled with chaos and the love of laughter around your house. bitter sweet right?
PS I tihnk its pretty funny my code to send this comment through is : siscari. Yeah in Gods eyes you are my siscari. LOL miss ya lots.
Hey- You really are my sis, Carrie!!!
Spencer and Kate look nothing alike and I love them both so much and I can't believe that they are both in school!???!!
I dont know how I feel about that.
Jamee
xoxo
What a neat school! They are so lucky to grow up in the country. You make it look so fun!
That is so cute! What great kids. It must be hard seeing them off at the bus stop!
where in the heck do you live? I though schools like that only existed in dreams and fairy tales. I can't belive your daughter is the only kindergartner! What fun! You do look just beautiful in that pic bytheby. Love the pot roast joke. So so so funny!
This was a very sweet post! I love the baby photo. Life happens so fast, doesn't it!
Yay! Off to school! They look so big and Spencer looks like a little man.
You can tell they are so excited. I love the feeling of the first day of school! OUr kids always get up super early on the first day and are anxious too.
Kate is looking a lot like you in some of those pictures - you both look beautiful!
ps i am glad they sorted out the drug bust - crazy!
Post a Comment