Spencer:
A few weeks ago, too late at night, we tucked the kids in bed. We went back into our bedroom and I sat down on the bed to nurse Jiles while Weston changed into his pajamas. A few minutes later, footsteps came pounding, running down the hardwood floor hall towards our room.
"MOMMY!" I heard Spencer's voice crack. My heart skipped a beat in anticipation.
"MOMMY!" He finally reached our room and his pounding feet were muffled by the carpet.
His eyes were about the size of baseballs and his face was pink from exhilaration.
"MY TOOTH IS LOOSE!!"
I gasped quite loud in excitement. "Come here. Let me wiggle it!"
He ran over and jumped on our bed and leaned in real close to me with his mouth open. I wiggled it and sure enough, it was loose - but barely.
"Weston! Weston!" Weston came out of the bathroom.
"Daddy! My tooth is loose!"
Weston's face lit up and he hurried over to us to wiggle it.
Our first child was about to loose his first tooth! Momentous! (Which, by the way, did you know that your teeth fall out in the order that they come in? Thanks, Natalie, for filling me in on that. I confirmed the truth of that with my bro-in-law Neal, the orthodontist.)
Thanks to 'Arthur' and 'Franklin', Spencer knew exactly what a loose tooth meant: money.
Well, last Thursday night, it came out! Unfortunately, I wasn't around for the huge event. I was at a baby shower for Megan. But, at 4:12 a.m. Friday morning, as I was sitting on the bed nursing Jiles (I do this often) Spencer graced me with the privilege of examining the void on the front row of his mouth, on the bottom. He also showed me his new shiny silver dollar and asked me to read his letter from Ms. (I do not know if she is married or not) Tooth Fairy. Here it is:
Spencer,
I am so excited for you. You are a good boy.
Keep brushing!
(smiley face)
Y,
The Tooth Fairy
{Really, she is amazing.}
His grown-up tooth is already coming in. Crazy. I didn't know that could happen until I saw cousin Austin's "shark teeth". How're those doing, by the way?
Now when he talks he makes this cute little lispy sound.
It's real cute.
2 comments:
That was such a cute story. I have a very large smile on my face right now. I think it is so cute to hear how excited the parents were for the kids. I love it!
Hes so cute Carrie. What an exciting time for you guys. I love how the mile stones change and are more unique as they get older. which is really fun for you and weston im sure. Thanks for the info on the order you loose your teeth I did not know that so that is pretty interesting.
Post a Comment