Tuesday, June 30, 2009

five alive

Kate:
Little Miss Tate is 5!



Yep, that's right, Five. She's a full-hander.

She turned so last week. 11 days before her birthday, she began her countdown. Everyday she would tell me how many more days left. She was always right on and never forgot a day. She's exact like that. In everything she does.

The night before, Weston and I hung pink streamers across her room and blew up 5 pink balloons (they all had specialty writing and drawings on them by hers truly..me).
At 4 something a.m. (that is the magic hour in this house, just in case you couldn't tell), Kate came into our room. (She always comes in in stealth mode, which scares me half to death because you're not expecting anyone and then all of a sudden you wake up to her right at your face. The boys always come crying and/or running; at least that way you have warning.) She had woken up and seen the streamers and the one balloon with a big ol' "5" on it that we had black-electrical-taped to the light on her ceiling fan. Anyway, she was dang excited.

Since turning fIvE, Tater has done some way awesome stuff. LIKE...

She went on her first ever RoLLeR cOaStEr ride! Woo-hoo! She even held her hands up for 3 seconds. . . Gettin' crazy!

Can you see the top of her head in there next to me?



And she jammed at her first ever rOcK cOnCeRt, er fiddle concert...something like that. Buck wild!




Words that might as well have "Kate" written next to them in the dictionary:

ridingbikes.tomandjerry.flowers.brothers.thrillseeking.carrots.music.
.
dick&jane.playing.memorizing.freshfruit.pink.snacking.butterflies.
.
drawing.driven.rainbows.jumping.perfectionism.runningfast.dirt.moths.
.
toast.independent.earlyrising.horses.determined.backscratchloving.
.
singing.cereal.can'tsay"r".mylittleponies.books.emotional.shoes.
.
swinging.loving.barefoot.antihairbrush.beautiful.wildthegoodkind.

5 comments:

Elise said...

She is so beautiful and I loved your post about her!

Megan and Keli'i said...

I love her. She reminds me of my Eva. She's beautiful. Happy Birthday, Kate!

The Mrs. said...

Happy Bday Kate!!
June is a crazy Birthday month in the Andelin Clan wouldn't you say?

We love Kate!
JAmee

Cameron said...

Katelyn is so cute...and I hope her special day was great! I think your list descibes her perfectly.
Hey I think Emma's "belly laugh" sounds like Katelyns laugh. Jamee pointed that out yesterday and we all agreed.

Natalie

Dan said...

So fun. I can't believe how old your kids are getting!