It has been raining A TON! I totally and utterly LOVE IT! Because everything has gotten so lusciously bright and green and loveRLy.
.
The Littles love it, too. They have been having fun splashing and riding their bikes through the puddles, smearing mud on anything and everything, watching the torrential downpours and the various shapes and colors of clouds being blown this way and that.
.
Yesterday, from our family room window, we saw a break in the clouds (and I needed a break from the house). So we piled in the car and went down to the road, which was one of the only semi-dry places around, to see if we could catch the rays (and do some much needed energy burning!).
.
At first, the sun was way up on the mountain, but we could tell it was coming our way. They ran and ran (and walked a little) while awaiting the sun.
.

And alas she came, casting long shadows across the earth.

And making more vibrant the fields.

We drew with rocks airplanes to sit "in" and "fly".

We walked backward.

And just enjoyed the overall bask. And the smell of wet earth and grass.



I had fun taking pictures.

On our way back to the house, we gave a "Hey-ya" to Cookie (and the calf that's been drinking our milk! ).
8 comments:
eeeek! did kate seriously grab onto that barbwire. it is beautiful out there where you live. I love seeing your creative photos too. I love the pic of the three of them walking together. I am actually gonna be doing that same shot this month with my 3 kids and hanging it in my wall. Ive dreamed of that pic for a year solid now that spencer i walking I can finally capture the sweetness of thm together. I love it. glad to see you out and about.
I remember being able to go barefoot on a gravel road when I was a kid. (sigh) those where the days.
What beautiful pictures!
Those are the cutest bunch of country kids I have ever seen! It is so beautiful up there right now...send some of that green down the river to us!
You live in such a pretty place it is out of a magazine or something I didn't know places like that existed. I want to pack up and move out to the country.
I loved my childhood, but if I had to relive it again, I'd want to come back as one of your kids. Those kids are so lucky to have the perfect childhood: living on a spacious ranch, jumping off of anything they can climb, splashing in the creeks and puddles....endless fun! So lucky! What a sweet little family you have. I'm so so so happy for you.
Those pictures are so pretty. It looks so green there! We are excited to come up there in a few weeks!
You take the best pictures!
Post a Comment