Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jeepers Creepers!

What's the DEAL with these PEEPERS?!




This is how Jiles's eyes look pretty much all the time, ever since his circumcision. I think that he cried so hard when they were doing it that his little tear ducts couldn't handle it. They're clogged. Kate had an issue with one eye for like a month when she was a baby, but poor little Jiles has issues with both. I am constantly wiping them with warm cottonballs. I'm afraid I'm rubbing his eyes raw.


Seriously, is cleaning them the only thing that I can do for clogged tear ducts?
Anyone have any tips
for these sad eyes?

8 comments:

Amber said...

My doctor recommended rubbing the corner of my baby's eyes (by the nose) to help open up the ducts. I don't know that it helped too much, but it can't hurt try!

Elise said...

Squirt some breast milk in them. I hear it works like a charm.

The Mrs. said...

ditto to the breast milk thing.
That is what my doc said to do when Briggs eyes were clogged.

Keri said...

yeah the breast milk is the best thing. Docs would always tell me its Gods Medicine. it can heal anything on your baby thats hurt or soar. Good luck. I have a blocked tear ducked, ive had it sincetyler was born. its a pain in the bum. im gonna have to have surgery one day but for now im taking a bralke from surgeries. when i get a little surgery happy ill dive into that. LOL

Megan and Keli'i said...

Ronin had a clogged tear duct forever! It finally cleared up after the hospital stay where they gave him every drug under the sun! Breast milk definitely didn't work for him! Nothing did. Guess you just gotta wait it out, which totally sucks. I have no tips...we just went through that. Ugh.

Laurie said...

Gently massage along the inside of his nose every time you are nursing him and keep cleaning them. All my kids except for Pete had clogged tear ducts. They usually only last a couple months. Nate's lasted the entire first year, so he had the quick surgery to open them up when he was 15 months old (really a piece of cake surgery) since they're not going to open on their own after that.

Natalie in Sparks said...

poor little guy! Emma had one eye like that and i heard the breast milk, messaging the side of their nose advice too. i am here to tell you that they really did work! (however the first time i did the breast milk it was worse than before, so i thought it wasn't working, but i tried it a few more times with the massaging and it cleared up)
good luck!

Suzy said...

Congratulations Carrie! I can't believe you have 4 now! Jill just had number 4 also in April. If Jiles eyes are still clogged you might consider doing the quick 10 minute surgery. We do them all the time at the same day surgery center where I work.
Suzy