Happy Spring!
Oh yes. Happy indeed. The littlins and I celebrated this momentous annual event by driving an hour to go to our favorite park. It was a fabulous day, reaching in the 70s, with delicious sun, blue skies, and SUBWAY amongst us! (I've gotten my kids hooked on SUBWAY! They ask to go there 10 times to 1 over that nasty place McD's. So what if it is more expensive - it's an investment in good health and habits; leaves me feeling like a better mom, with zero indigestion; and it smells 1000% better.)
Now, you have to understand that park days for us are extremely rare. And they are therefore very exciting. When you live on a huge ranch, your whole yard is a park. So it is pretty special to go to a playground and pretend we're city kids.
After playing at the park/"beach" for 2 hours, we went to the coolest school/teacher store. I wanted to buy like everything in there (I'm a nerd when it comes to educational stuff and supplies). I managed to only spend $7 on stickers for Primary, and pencils and stickers for my kids. Oh, and a cool clock to help learn how to tell time (Kate has already really taken to it). Maybe it was $11. Anyway - recycle place, Staples, grocery store, gas station, and YAY, ice cream sandwiches for the ride home. Uber messy. Not the best idea, those things. Delicious, yes, but so daggone messy!
After arriving home and putting the groceries away, our evening was like this: Ezra crashed out on the couch with sweet pink cheeks and sand falling out of his pant cuffs; Weston and Spencer checking on cows and putting up the chickens with the 4-wheeler; Little Miss Katewyn and I eating humongous strawberries on the back porch rocking chairs, smelling the sweetness that only warm air can bring, and watching the sun dropping behind the mountains. That was my favorite.
What a glorious day.
Oh, spring, how I adore thee.
p.s. "@#$%^&" from the post title is translated: "YiPEE! We made it through winter and now it is going to be warm again!" It is in no way intended to be cursing. AS IF!


7 comments:
Hey you're up late like me! I loved this post, it sounds like such a great happy day. And I like to hear you so happy.
Our day was very windy/cloudy/then rainy later, but we did some yard work and I planted two lilac bushes anyway.
Yesterday was a beautiful day like the one you had and we enjoyed it thoroughly! I love warm weather!
Natalie
What a wonderful way to greet Spring. I'm glad that the weather was Spring like and you could enjoy the sunshine.
So this ranch you live on looks absolutely gorgeous! What an experience. Where exactly is it? Sounds like a fun "job" for Weston to have.
Oh my!! The past week has been just like that everyday! We walked every where and we were exhausted at the end of each day, but today, it snowed.
Jamee
ha ha ha!! I so thought you were swearing. I was like what the heck Carrie doesn swear. Glad you had fun at the park I am so with you on the subway lunches. My kids eat there more often as well. I have actually wrote in and called the main store and begged for them to put playgrounds in their subway stores, and healthy happy meals.it would totally up the sales. huh! we sohuld start a patition.
You may not know this, but I am living my life threw yours. You are always on a new adventure. It just always looks so much fun. You are an amazing mom with so many great ideas.
Hey I guess we should do a post in honor of our tree cause we've had a lot of people ask us the question "Why". It was a beautiful tree and it supplied a lot of shade as well for us during the summer. The major down fall is that the roots were starting to push up our front porch, our neighbors yard, and our driveway. We havt had any problems yet with the pipes but we didnt want to wait for that to pull it.
It also is a major bee magnet and rains sap like no other during the summer months. we would have to run to the car and e would collect about 5 bees every time I opened our car door. and the sap would eventually destroy our cars, we would track that sap in all the time on our nice hard wood floors. so even thought its a nice beautiful tree it had to go.
Post a Comment