No he did NOT.
No, my husband did not get up on a table in primary today, with his collar up, singing karaoke. Please tell me he did not.
I was walking down the hall in church today, going to get a box of tissues for our spiritual lesson in YW, when I walked by the primary room and glanced into the window real quick - you know one of those half glances as you're walking by a window thing. I stopped dead in my tracks, backed the truck up to get a better look, and was completely taken aback by what I saw. Pretty much this...
What in the world? I could see him doing this, but heard the primary kids' voices singing "I will go, I will do" or "Nephi's Courage" or whatever it's called. And then....THEN he got up on the table!

Who is responsible for this anyway? And to top it all off, there were camera flashes - like he was a real star or something.
OK, so come to find out, the Primary Presidency was using this "Karaoke" business to encourage the kids to sing. It was really just a fake mic, of course, and Weston was really just mouthing the words to the kids' voices. He was a hit, so I was told. Hey, whatever works sometimes, I guess. The on-top-of-the-table move may have been a bit extreme, or so I think, but everyone loved it and the kids were singing nice and loud because they knew it would make Weston be more vivacious.
Okay, correction: Weston just saw this post and he said, "I was singing! I sang the verse and the kids sang the chorus. I sang 2 versus!" He adds that he was just living out his dream and that that was the only place that he could be a hit.
Weston didn't want to go back to YM. He was completely in his element. He is the Young Men's President but just got called to be the Primary Pianist during the Sunday School hour. Look out America - this boy's got talent.
I got back into the YW room, distributed the tissues, and wanted to laugh thinking about what I had just witnessed, but everyone else was crying so I decided that it would be best not to laugh.
Thanks to my buddy Becky for the photos. They are definitely, um, priceless.
She also took this one today of E-man in the nursery:
She told me that he made her take many pictures of his colored picture from like 3 different angles. "Take."
She told me that he made her take many pictures of his colored picture from like 3 different angles. "Take."And she took this one of Miss CTR-5 with her teacher, Sister Sally, whom she adores, and fellow CTR-5-ers Callen, Savannah, and Daniel. 

Mmm, what a Sabbath.


9 comments:
ok that is so funny! Wow you don't hold anything back Weston - it looks like you are very confident in your performing abilities! Cameron and I were cracking up. I bet your kids were in there singing and thinking "I have the coolest dad EVER!"
Well...that's one way...VERY FUN WAY I have to admit. I'd probably even sing if I was in primary. You have posted a TON!! You're so good at it. I swear when I see pictures you don't look a year over 21. How do you stay so young looking! : )
Ha ha! LOVE it! I may try something like that in my primary...:)
When are you going on tour? The San Jose de Maipo branch wants to host your concert in Chile.
Hey man i want to come to your church. good to see that your are still having fun. dont ever let that go.
Perry
The really funny thing is that we could totally see it. We could even hear him saying "...I sang 2 verses."
you rock,Weston,
D and J
Of all your posts this one made me laugh out loud for a long time! My kids even asked me what was so funny. Oh my, I wish my kids could have been there to see that. Does he have a show scheduled for Orem anytime soon?
Wendy
Wow what a husband you have. That is hilarious that he would have the guts to do something like that. I think I would die of shock if I just happened to walk by and see my husband doing that. hey maybe some day American Idol will come to Boise! I would vote for him!
no words... just laughter leading to tears
Post a Comment