Friday, January 30, 2009

I love to see...

...this place, in the background there. We are so blessed to live so close to a temple; it only takes us about an hour and 20 minutes to get there.
I remember one time in church in Hawaii, someone from one of the Pacific Islands was saying how on their island people save for a long time to make the trip to the temple just once in their life! They would have to take a boat to where a temple is. One trip was all they could afford and it would take many days for the expedition. I think that that is so admirable and amazing and would take so much faith! Wow. I seriously can't complain that getting a babysitter, getting dressed up in the middle of the week, and getting to the temple is inconvenient. Cuz, hello!, it is so not in comparison to so many. I mean, we can get there and home in like 4 hours! No biggy, right?
How close are you to a temple?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the not complaining part. In Arizona we live 15 minutes from the Mesa Temple, which I was married in. I love it. Even when we lived in Minnesota, the temple was 20 minutes away. It was smaller than a stake center, but wonderful!

Keri said...

Thanks for that wonderful post. We only live about 30 minutes away. We try and visit once a month, but I feel with the temple that close it should be more often. In fact we are going tomorrow night. I feel extremely blessed to have a temple so close. And I even love the fact its a mini temple. small in structure but large in spirit. It is kinda overwhelming when we visit bigger temples cause we are so used to the personal, simple spirit in the small ones. i love the picture by the way beautiful.

The Mrs. said...

Thanks Carrie. Your perspective is great. Compared to so many, the things we have to do to get to the Temple is nothing!
We live about 25 minutes away...and I really need to get there more often...

Jamee

Maria said...

I don't think we could get anymore blessed. We can see the temple up on the hill, from our front door. It's a great daily reminder of why we are here and where we are trying to get to.

The Tomlinsons said...

That is such a cute picture. I think it is great you take the time to go to the temple! Sometimes when you don't just live down the street you can push off the trip...and push...and push.
We live about 3 hours from the LA temple but try to make it down once a month or at least every other month.

Unknown said...

Hey Carrie,
We live about 1o minutes from the Provo Temple and about 20 minutes from the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. We set a goal this year to do the work for 1oo people this year. We just did sealings for 6 couples so that counts as 12. 88 to go!

Tia said...

well, as I write this response I can look over my shoulder and see the beautiful Santiago Chile Temple. Every meal we sit and look at the temple (which is located just across a small street). We have the best view of all of the missionaries. We love it.