Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Cutie Ka-Nikki Spotlight

C

I love this girly. Isn't she a doll?
She's shy to people at first, but when she warms up she's quite hilarious. She loves to say random things. The funny thing about that is that she says them with a totally straight face and you wonder, then she cracks up.

For example:
She ran over to the window this morning and yelled all excitedly, "It's snowing!" But it is a perfectly blue sky, not a cloud to be seen.

And then...

Carrie: "What should we make for breakfast?"
Spencer: "Eggs."
Kate: "The car."
She says things like this daily.

She also draws really cute pictures:

Other things about my Tater Tot at the ripe age of 4 years and 6 1/2 months:
  • She has the strongest nose of anyone I've ever met, even pregnant me. Except maybe my sister Julie. We should call her 'Tracker'. I can never get away with sneaking chocolate or peppermint or gum or anything. "What's that smell?"
  • She is almost always the first to sleep at night and the first to wake up in the morning.
  • She has sweet breath, even in the morning.
  • She gets herself dressed without being asked, usually in shorts and a t-shirt even though it is winter and I put them up very high in her closet.
  • She reminds me every day, "We didn't have our vitamins!" Like, oh no! She then will sit and lick her preferably "a purple T-Rex" vitamin until it is gone.
  • She loves carrots and gets mad when we don't have any. She'll eat a whole big one and still finish off Ezra's. She also loves any fruit. Plums..she'll eat 5 in one sitting.
  • She loves to mimic others, which is not always appreciated by the bros. She even mimicked me this morning stirring the eggs.
  • She needs constant calories. Heaven help us if she is hungry. Those are the first words I hear almost every morning: "I'm hungry. I want some see-role" (cereal).
  • She has a very cute high-pitched voice which cracks now and then (adorable), especially when she is asking a question or playing babies.
  • She's rough-and-tumble and a dang fast runner, but nurturing and sweet as well.
  • She loves music and to sing along, her favorites: anything Backyardigans, Thomas the Train, Cranberries, primary songs. "Turn it up Mommy!"
  • She likes to quote movies. Even the laughing.
  • She likes to pretend to read. I caught her with a copy of Pride and Prejudice the other day (which she climbed way up the bookshelf to get) running her finger along the page like she was reading it. She reads more words than Spencer, and even a few short books; she is so interested in it.
  • She loves pink.

I LOVE YOU TATUM!

3 comments:

The Mothership said...

Such a fun, accurate picture of a very sweet, beautiful little girl!!
We LOVE having sweet Kate, Spencer and Ezra come to stay at our house...
Love, Grammie

Tia said...

what a wonderful way to get to know katelyn and her brothers while we are away for 1 1/2 years. What a sweetie.

Natalie in Sparks said...

so cute! She is so pretty and has such a great personality. its fun to hear the daily things she does that we miss living far away.