Well, part of his face anyway. He's my nephew from Nevada. He got flattened a little while ago when his bulletin board fell on top of him. Now he travels the world via slug mail. He visited us for a while, checking out things here at the ranch from a "Flatman's" perspective. Here he is posing with my rancher:
We actually took him with us to Virginia when we went to visit his relatives there. He travels really well, and for absolutely no charge (I'm impressed at how low maintenance he is). He got to hang out with Tanzi, the baby chimpanzee, while there. Don't they look happy together? Maybe they'll be pen-pals.
Oh, check this out...Here's Tanzi moving in for the kiss:
But Flat Austin's not that kind of Flatman, to kiss a chimp on the first visit, especially one so young (he's like 7 years older than her!). She didn't appreciate his rejection and totally backhanded him in the face! Can you believe that? Maybe they won't be pen-pals.
We sent him off when we got back, to Indonesia to visit my brother there. I wonder where he is now, and who he'll be sending his Christmas holiday with. Wherever he is, I hope he's happy and thinks it's worth it to be away from his family for so long. He plans on travelling until May. But I tell you, that boy is always happy no matter where he is or what he's doing; he always has a big smile on his face. What a kid. What a life.
5 comments:
I went to a birthday party over here, and they had the same person, except the name is Stanley. I had to take pictures of all of his excursions at the party. Seriously, is this everywhere? What's the deal?
I see the 3-D Austin often, but it was nice to see some pics of the flat one. Looks like he is having some good times.
I bet Cam and Nats kids crack up at the pics of flat Austin and the chimp!
Jamee
That main blog pic is pretty. good photography!
ok that is too funny! We were just talking the other day about "i wonder where flat stanley is right now?" Austin said "I haven't got any post cards back from Idaho" (sent to the school) and I told him maybe poor little flat stanley never made it there. Obviously he did and has been a busy boy! How fun that he got to go to Virginia with you. I am glad that he wasn't any trouble, and I am glad it wasn't awkward for you and Weston, with him being like the 3rd wheel!
oops that last comment was by me, Natalie.
Austin (the real live one) wants to add a comment.
Thank you!
I am glad he had fun.
Post a Comment