Here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
5. Leave a comment to let them know.
I was tagged by Megan Marie. This was kinda hard...maybe I need Keli'i to come and point them out to me; I hear that pointing out everyone else's faults is one of his talents. Way ta go, brah. I asked Weston what my quirks were and he couldn't think of any. Nice husband.
Okay, quirks, here we go...and I'll try to make them brief, as I can anyway.
1. Hmm. I'm sorta weird about names. I love to know every one's names. I especially love to know the names of those in big families. I love to try to memorize their names in age order. There is this family on TLC (the Duggars) that have 17 kids, and she's pregnant with the 18th! Well, I've sort of memorized all 17 of them in order. There is a family at church who have 9 kids and I could tell you all of their first and middle names in order. And the same with all of my 27 nieces and nephews (plus their birthdays, including the year). It's not always a good thing to let people know this though. I recently ran into a guy from college. Not only could I remember his name (of course he couldn't remember mine) but I knew his brother's name, and 2 of his cousins. When I told him I remembered their names (after like 10 years) he looked at me as if I was a weirdo who was stalking them. Next time I think I'll just play dumb.
2. Closets. My closets are usually tidy but the rest of the house usually isn't. I have to have my kids' clothes stacked totally neat on their shelves in their closets. And there is order in hanging: Spencer's clothes hang on blue hangers, Ezra's on red, and Kate's on pink. Of course their rooms are not the cleanest things. In my closet, short-sleeved shirts hang separate from long-sleeve and they are all color coordinated. My mom used to laugh at me when I was a teenager. My closets and drawers would be totally neat and organized but the rest of my room looked like a hurricane blew through it. Such is my life.
3. Chronology. I get really bugged when things are not in chronological order. Especially in photo albums and scrapbooks. I feel like the story is being told wrong when the pictures are out of order. That is how I keep track of the sequences of my life: refer to my scrapbooks.
4. My face. I can NOT stand for people to touch my face. My sister Julie is the same way, so maybe it's hereditary. Weston learned that pretty fast; His poor hand got lots of slaps. Kate likes to come cuddle with me in the morning and for whatever reason, she loves to touch people's faces in the morning. Well, since I am the closest person to her, it is usually my face she likes to touch. I have to try so hard to not get annoyed. That's a great alarm clock, let me tell you.
5. Scratching. I love to be scratched. Give me a scratch over a massage any day (My muscles are always so tight that when I get a massage, it hurts!). I'm sure I drove my mom crazy as a kid always asking her to scratch my back or my arm, all the time. Now I drive Weston crazy. If we're just sitting there talking, he might as well be scratching my back, or arms, or legs. Spencer and especially Kate have picked up this one from me. Kate can barely go to sleep at night if one of us isn't scratching something on her.
6. Hmmm....okay, last one...Radio Competition. Ever heard of the radio game? You get 1 point for naming the artist and 1 point for naming the song title. I started playing this game in college for fun, but now it is like war. Sometimes Weston and I have to call a truce because we get (okay, mainly I get) a little too competitive, about it. It gets bad sometimes.
There you go. Six of my quirky, OCD-ish eccentricities. There are more, yes, but those are just for me to know. I'm sure that you could all name one for me. Luckily this tag limits us to 6.
So, now I am to tag 6 fellow bloggers. All who I'm sure love tags and have no quirks whatsoever. Nonetheless, I tag: Holly, Wendy, Julie, Natalie, Jamee, Jana.
4 comments:
Yeah! I love your quirks! I lived with you for a year, and I can't think of any of your quirks except that you always woke up at the crack of dawn, played a lot of soccer, worked out at the gym, and always wore Victoria's Secret lotion, the fruity kind. But none of those are quirks, so I'm out. I'll ask Keli'i if he has any for you.
haha those are so funny. I forgot about your thing with names and b-days. So I still coordinate my closet. Not by color anymore but by long sleeve, sweaters, collared shirts, short sleeve, button-ups. Also my skirts are in order of when I wore them so I can remember what I wore last and when.
So, Daron and I have thought for two days about what my quirks are. We think that my #1 quirk, is that I can't think of any. Pride,conceite,blindness...whatever you want to call it.
#2 I have this thing with eyebrows. I can not stand the feeling of my eyebrows being messed up, I fix them alot. All eyebrows deserved to have a shape on the faces they have been so gracefully blessed upon. Not only shall they have a shape, but they deserve to be LESS BUSHY. I provide free plucking.
#3 I add the letters -ness to the end of most words. For example: instead of saying "the woodstove will keep you warm." I will say: "The woodstove will add warmness."
Or, "That chicken poop is yuckiness." It's wierd, I know, but I have to think to hard to not do it.
The funny thing about your quirks is that they probably get worse, or you have more of them when you are pregnant...at least if you are like me you do. Things always annoy me like 10 times more when i am pregnant.
one of my quirks is that i can't stand messy beds! Growing up and in college, I would easily be able to sleep in my bed and hardly mess it up, therefore, making my bed was a snap.
Being married and having to share a bed with someone who moves around alot and turns over and messes up the bed a lot makes me a little edgy. (love ya honey!) It is like an OCD habit, if he is lying in bed and I walk by the bed, I will straighten the comforter that he has messed up by his feet. I didn't even notice this until he pointed it out. Once he did, I found myself doing it often! So, he needs to keep the bed nicer and I need to relax a bit! Good compromise, don't you think? I'm sure I have at least 5 others, but theres one for ya!
Post a Comment