Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Tri-Decade Birthday

My birthday was 3 days ago, on the 4th. I am 30!!!! I feel great. Not too much different than I did at 29, except I'm pregnant (which I am 12 weeks today so I'm done with my first trimester!).

So, since it is a decade mark, I thought I'd post a picture each of my first and second decade mark birthday times as well. (Got that?)

1st Decade:
Here I am at 10 years old. I was a little tom-boy. I remember being so embarrassed on this day getting our softball pictures because we were late and I didn't have time to put my hair in a pony-tail. I NEVER wore my hair down, except for church. How embarrassing! I played 3rd base for the Rebels. It was my first (and only) year of fast-pitch. The stats on the back of this picture say I was 4'10" and 72 lbs.


2nd Decade:
When I turned 20, I was at Ricks College and on the soccer team. I was totally into soccer and had great fun with the girls on my team, especially Jenny Brown!. Good times, good times! And I loved having my Virginia buddy, Melissa Burch, rooming with me! Can you tell which one is me in the picture? ..I'm in the white sweatshirt.

I was still 20 when I graduated from Ricks. As I was leaving frigid Rexburg, home of Ricks College, for the last time, I thought, 'I'm leaving Idaho and I will never live here again!' (No offense to any of you Idahoans, but I am Virginia-blooded through and through.) HA HA HA HA HA!! And here I am, living in Idaho. Do we ever learn to never say never?

3rd Decade:
Here we are to the present. I don't need to go into any sort of detail on this one. This blog is description enough.
On my b-day, we went to my sister Holly's house to watch conference and of course to have a party. Mom and Dad were there, too. It was raining, which was a great birthday present in and of itself. Everything got so green and nice, and it smelled scrumptious.
Holly made the most yummiest food and Mom made a cake with my most favoritest frosting: chocolate peanut-butter mint!! MMM MMM!! Thanks family!!! It was fun helping Holly set up her blog. Yay! And thanks for the sweatshirt Natalie(which I am wearing in these pictures)! It was a great birthday.



I love my life. I love my age, whatever age I am. I have never wished to be older or younger, and hopefully never will. Life just keeps getting better. I am always gaining more friends and more loved ones, and more wonderful experiences!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday I am glad you had such a good day. You are such a positive person I love that about you!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of each decade. You were a serious ball player at age 10

Anonymous said...

What a treasure you are. I love you like a sister and I always will. I love your outlook on life. I need each of my sisters as my next door neighbor. You all have such a different and interesting outlook on life. Maybe in heaven.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie! I thought of you on your birthday and I thought you were turning 30! How's it feel?! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) HOpe you had a good day! Man, your ranch is looking so much fun! Let's plan a day to come out! See ya, Holly

Anonymous said...

And you seriously get more and more beautiful every year...is that even possible? Happy 30th birthday, Carrie! PS- I'm getting two chickens this week...hehehe! You're my inspiration!

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun. i remember how much you love you moms chocolate, penaut butter, mint frosting. man that sounds good. its always the best to keep up on traditions. I am glad to see you enjoying your age. I feel the same way. I love growing older and wiser because I know im still young ad heart with more wisdom right? happy 30th.

Anonymous said...

That sweatshirt does look good on you! You are cute at each decade! Its amazing how time flies. I bet those days at Ricks don't feel like that long ago huh? at least for me they don't. How has 10 years gone by already?

Anonymous said...

CAREBEAR!! i love that pic of ricks soccer...remember jorge!? HAPPY BIRTHDAY...you are now officially a tri-decade woman! my hubby was looking at your blog with me, i was telling him how much i pretty much idolized you and he was laughing at a lot of stories i was telling of you and i and he said (after looking through your blog) now those are the kind of friends we need to be going out to visit. he is excited to meet you and your family one day! :0) LONG LIVE RICKS SOCCER!!

Anonymous said...

ps: i LOVE your haircut...in fact, look out cuz in one month i am going to be looking alot like you my friend. rich is going to print out the pic of you on your blog so when i go to my hair dresser next month you are going to be my model of what i want my hair like. look at you inspiring me in multiple ways!