But I wanted to post an update on the whole abandoned horse story. After all, the 30-day trial ended on Saturday. I sure have had a lot of horsey things on here. I'm really not that big a horse person; it must be the ranch life rubbing off on me - that, and my 2 littlest loving them so much and begging to "ride horsey" whenever we get near one. Anyway, see the below pictures for the verdict on the abandoned horses:
Yes, LUCKY, as we've named him, made the team. He's totally chill and sweet; he hasn't jumped at anything. He is a bit small, so not the best for long cattle drives or big, heavy people, but he's a keeper.
The mare, however, didn't make the cut. She was way too skiddish and was not improving. Sorry girl.
So, now Lucky is on with us, hangin' with the bruthahs Brownie, Star Dust, and Dev, and grazing out in the front pasture.
4 comments:
I guess Lucky is a good name for him, since he made the cut.
I'm so excited for you and your kids.
From a horse lover
Carter wanted me to tell you that he has a book about a horse named Lucky. Cool huh?
I am glad to hear the horse made the team. I bet your kids just love riding the horse.
He is a pretty horse, and your kids are "lucky" to have him. Its ok if he is small, he can be like the kids riding horse. who knows, maybe Kate will learn to barrel race with him. :)
Post a Comment