On Thursday my mom so kindly cut Kate's hair. Kate of course loved being pampered by Grammie (she also got her hair curled and her fingernails painted). It turned out so cute and looks so much healthier. It is also much easier to brush and cooler for Kate for the summer.
Before & After:
My hair, on the other hand, had to be emergency rescued. You see, I have cut my own hair before; 3 other times in fact. All 3 times were, well, unsuccesful. So don't ask me why I tried again. But I did.
Friday morning I looked in the mirror and thought, "I have got to do something about that hideous hair." So I got out the scissors, raised them about 4 inches from the bottom of my hair, which was just below my chin, and watched my ash brown hair fall into the bathroom sink. Ah, so liberating.
I looked into the mirror. Eww, so frightening. I put the scissors down, with only about 1/3 of my hair 4 inches shorter than the rest, pulled my hair into a ponytail the best I could, and headed for the phonebook's beauty salon section.
Thankfully, the next afternoon I walked into the salon for my appointment. After a look of disgust from my hair dresser when I pulled the ponytail holder out, she got to work.
I think she did a great job. I LOVE it!
Before (Ewww!) & After (ooh la love it) ::


After getting my hair cut, I took the liberty of spending the rest of my saturday evening shopping by myself. Maybe I should cut my hair more often. :)
13 comments:
Hey Carrie,
I LOVE your hair! It looks so great, and I love the cute sweeping bangs. How is it in the back? you should take a picture of it and post that too. I am getting tired of growing my hair out, and its so hot, I end up pulling it into a ponytail all the time anyway. For sure after the baby is born I am going to chop it. Thanks for the inspiration... oh, and Kate's hair is cute too!
hurray for hair cuts! Im also glad you were able to get out and shop by yourself. As you know I too chopped my hair and went shopping. there must be a little Me time floating around the air. Im glad you took time for yourself. Kates hair is so cute and fresh. I wish I had a girl to pamper and dress up even though im a tom boy it would still be fun.
I LOVE YOUR HAIR! It's funny cause I just did the same thing last week. I cried about every time I looked in the mirror...haha. Went out, got a new cut and shopped a bit. Felt like I was a human again!
Susan Dixon
CAREBEAR!
i love your hair cut!! you must be the hottest mama around! :0)
Carrie- I think it looks amazing. Great cut for you...too cute. Kate's hair is really cute on her too. It is the season for hair cuts!!
I am so glad you did it!! I know You've been wanting one forever...and its SOOOOO cute on you. I love Kates hair too. Its funny becuase the other day Olivia said she wanted to grow her hair like Kates so she could put it in a pony tail...oh well, I love little girls with cute short hair!
Happy Haircut - I love it!
Cute hair cut.
Hey Carrie,
Thanks for commenting on our blog. Yours is totally cute- I love all the boots lined up! Your kids are so cute too and it looks like you guys have a great life. I like your haircut- I have done that too- it is liberating and then... It turned out great though and even led to a shopping trip for you. How fun! How often do moms get to do that? Nice "seeing" you guys too! We'll add you to our links.
CARRIE I LOVE IT! you are so hot!!!
love the doo. I'm lovin bangs and wish I had the guts to do them. You are a stylin' hot momma.
Carrie, I love your hair too! It was good to find you from another blog, it was good to see pics of your parents, they look great and that is so cool that they are close to you now. Tell them all the Bradshaw clan says "hi!" and we definitely miss you all out in VA. Where in Idaho do you live? Love, Crystal
great hair. this story cracks me up
Post a Comment