Ezra has shown definite interest in drawing for the last few months. I have shown him how to hold the writing utensil correctly and now he pretty much always does it by himself without reminding. He is so cute to watch as he concentrates on controlling his fine motor skills to make his little swirlies, dots, and "circles" (which of course I have been trying to pattern him in drawing them counterclockwise to prepare him for letter writing). Does he have my mom's artistic skill and interest or just my artistic desire and interest? He's not even 2 yet so it will be fun to see how he develops as he gets older. Whenever he sees paper or a pen, pencil, marker, or anything that leaves a mark, he enthusiastically calls out, "mmm daw! mmm daw!" He also likes watching me draw. I'll draw a circle or a square and tell him to draw inside it and he does really well at staying inside the lines. He prefers marker over anything else and, unfortunately, he has a strange attraction for permanent markers. He has left his mark in too many places. Anyone know how to get sharpie off of hard surfaces?
Kate is probably the best wrestler of the kids in our house. Poor brothers; she does a pretty good job at making them cry. I keep having to remind Spencer that he is older and bigger than she is. She's pretty feisty and has a really good grip. We're working on being lady-like. (This was obviously before I buzzed Ezra's hair.)
Spencer biffed it on the skateboard. Ouch. He was actually on one of the longboards because his skateboard had gotten run over and broke in half (that's the board in the picture). But we're going to try to make something out of it for his room, so it's okay.
3 comments:
Spencer, Awesome battle wounds!
Its cute to see your own kids talents come out, huh? Do you let Kate watch WWF wrestling or something? Maybe Jamon can give her a few pointers! I only have a few ideas for sharpies. (Austin used to get ahold of them occasionally) Maybe try a magic eraser on walls; on wood (like our table top) I used ajax, and it actually worked but if you want it less abrasive, use bon ami. (my table was ok and it didnt take off the finish or anything) for furniture, good luck, I never got it all out, and I used 409, carpet/upholstery spot remover, laundry stain remover, etc. it got to the point where i had to get rid of ALL markers in the house.
I love the title to this one! Your kids are so fun and talented. Although that spill one seems pretty ouchy. But he looks tough.
Post a Comment