Saturday, September 27, 2014

Of Late



Happenings of the past week:


We drove Weston up the mountain to get the bulldozer.
We found elderberries along the way, and picked 7 gallons.


We drove for miles through the woods with branches scratching the side of the car while we listened to Schoolhouse Rock's Preamble song on repeat.


We came home to our delivery of chicks.  


Dill and basil from the garden:


They are so pretty when they are hanging.  And they smell good, too.

Lots of apples, and tomatoes, and peppers...


This boy goes everywhere now.  And he is constantly putting things in his mouth.  He is starting to walk, too!! He is 10 months old.  He has taken a few naps in either his high chair or his car seat in the kitchen this week while I've been canning.  (Sorry, Ollie!)


I am actually taking a little canning break to get this crazy messy thing organized:


I know.  It's crazy, and it's messy.  But it is under way.  Most of those shelves have already been organized.  I'm not saying it's going to be anything magazine worthy or anything, but at least they've been dusted, decluttered and straightened.  As you can see, things were getting shoved on the shelves where they didn't belong.  The post-it notes on each shelf is where I wrote what topic was going on what shelf.  It was easier to switch those around to see how it would all work out, than changing all the books around more than once if I didn't like where it was.


I'm homeschooling Jiles this year for Kindergarten, which means basically Jiles and Zoe so I had to shape up this room fast.  He started Kindergarten at school, but he was having a hard time.  I gave him the option to be homeschooled, and he jumped on it and hasn't looked back since.  I am so excited!  I got some books that I ordered in the mail today.  Woohoo!



Soccer...


Weston is the coach of Spencer and Kate's team.  It is so cool and nice to have them together!


Kate is so fast, it's amazing.  She's always been fast, but now she has gotten really aggressive.  She is a hard worker!  She scored her first goal ever a couple of nights ago!  I was so excited for her!



We are quite the side line show.


I obviously need to get some better pix of Spencer playing.
Kate, Spence, and Kate's best buddy (who's brother - one of Spencer's best friends - is also on the team).  It's fun, I tell you.


It's hard to take pictures sometimes, though, when you are trying to keep the side line show from being too, um, entertaining.



Back to the homestead:




Weston helped someone move a piano out of their house and they said that he could keep it.  He brought it home in the backhoe bucket and dumped it right here.  Pretty cool.  It is totally out of tune, though.








Mazy had puppies 3 days ago under the barn.  The same place she had them last year.  Ezra climbed under there to help her bring them out to take to the garage, just like last year.







3 nights ago there was a nasty fire that was started by lightning and spread super fast by crazy winds.  It was about 2 miles west of us.  This is a picture by our big century tree looking beyond the barn.  It got super close to the people's house across the road from us.  Like crazy scary close.  Ugh...fires!



























But it's out now and things are all happy and daisy now... hahaha.





Photobucket

No comments: