Tuesday, June 11, 2013

10 on 10 // June 2013

We can subtitle this 10 on 10, "Paint and Fire," because that is what it was mostly about.  I wish wildfires had nothing to do with my life, or my blog, but they do; it just comes with living where things get really dry.  It's a little early for fires this year, might I add, which is not good.  Have I mentioned how much I loathe fire season?  I do.  It taints my Summer carefree-ness a bit.

I painted a wall in our room and 2 nightstands, which, between all of our normal daily things on this 10 on 10 day, took a large chunk of the day.  The kids watched more t.v. than I'd like to admit, but it did help with keeping little hands out of the paint.  It wasn't the best day for a 10 on 10 for us, and I was hardly in the mood to take pictures, but I guess it's good to remember days like this, too.  I know it's important to search for the beauty in EVERY day, not just the fun/good/easy ones.  That's the challenge.  That's what helps us to grow in character and with God.  We need to see His hand and His beauty in our everyday. 

Storm clouds?!  Will we get rain?  We got a very little, but also 2 major strikes of lightning that killed the power and started a fire on the mountain where the cows are.
fire watch.

 All's well that ends well, though, right?
Wall painted?  Check.
2 nightstands painted?  Check (well, except for the knobs).
Fire controlled?  Check.
All alive and happy at the end of the day? Check.


ten on ten button

Photobucket

3 comments:

Alita said...

The first two pictures are to die for and to frame. SO CUTE!!! I am glad everyone is alright. Looks like a productive day. :)

Walker Family said...

Man, that is early for fires. Crazy. I want to see your painted projects:) oh- and I'm so glad to hear that even your fun, busy, adventurous kiddos watch tv;). You guys are great!

Staci said...

I'd like to see pictures of your wall please.