Monday, September 5, 2011

Sleepy Heads


Last night Zoe slept for 9 hours!  

I put her to bed at 10:30 and she didn't wake up until 7:30.  I woke up and looked over at her and she was wide awake and staring at me.  She wasn't fussing; she was just staring.  She is such an easy baby, oh my goodness; she sleeps a ton and hardly ever complains.  And she is starting to get smily and stuff.  So sweet and cute.

So she slept through the night and so did the other kids.  Which is seriously and ridiculously unheard of around here.  I only woke up once because I heard someone coughing, but then I went right back to sleep and didn't wake up until 7:30.  Ahhhh.... refreshing. 

Usually every night we have at least one child who wakes up.  At least 1?  Okay, so more like 2 or 3 children - all of the boys.  Thursday night, everyone got up in the night, which meant that I was up 5 times.  Spencer had to go to the bathroom and was scared, Kate fell off of the bed, Ezra couldn't breathe because his nose was stuffy, Jiles just wanted to be with us, and Zoe was hungry.  Needless to say I was wiped in the morning and did NOT want to get out of bed when the time came; I felt like I had been up all night.  

We have started doing a sticker chart as an incentive for the kids to STAY IN THEIR BED.  Yes, it is that bad that we need to have an incentive.  If everyone stays in their bed then everyone gets 2 stickers.  It is amazing what children will do for stickers.  

I used to not mind when they would come in and cuddle with us in the night; I would welcome it even.  But it has gotten O.O.C. (out of control).
The rule is now that they can't come in until it is light, unless they are sick.  Scared?  Curl up with a sibling.  Does that sound mean?

Okay, enough rattling on from me.  I'm tired and I really am rattling, and fading.  I am ready to close my eyes and I hope that they can stay closed until like 8 tomorrow, since tomorrow is Labor Day.  Wouldn't that be dreamy?  

Most likely we will look like this by 7 a.m.:  


Nighty night,

and....

Photobucket

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

9 straight hours of sleep?

do you feel like you could find a cure for cancer or maybe save a rain forest?

jamee
xoxo

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Yes, Jamee! Totally! And that reminds me of the joke: Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries.
(Gotta love Chuck Norris jokes.)

Megan and Keli'i said...

NINE hours of straight sleep from a wee babe? I will be wishing for those days in a few months!

And I love your idea about a sticker chart. How thoughtful is that? My kids don't have a problem sleeping, but they wake up at like 5:15, which I'd say is another problem...Maybe I can give them stickers to sleep in a little. :)

When Mommy's well rested, she can take on the world. I hope you're feeling great.

Maria said...

woah, i am glad we aren't the only ones with kids that wonder into our beds at night. I love that picture of you guys all cuddling in the morning. I LOVE that. I feel kinda guilty once and a while as a stay at home mom that some mornings I get to be lazy with the kids in bed. Daddy doesn't get to do that...but he doesn't have to wipes poopy bums all day so I guess it's even :)

Anonymous said...

So I found your blog on Mothers Day through Facebook (someone posted a link). The first post I read was the "endure/ do what is best" post, and I loved it, it spoke to my heart :). As a fellow mom of 5 (all under 9 as well) I struggle to keep up with everything and often feel inadequate for this position of full time mom. Your blog is a breath of fresh air! Since mothers day I have been reading off and on previous posts and I love them all :). This particular post I can relate with all too well, I'm usually up 2 or 3 times a night, and we usually always have at least 1 in bed with us by morning, or 2 or 3... The sticker chart is a great idea that I might be trying out soon! Thank you so much for your wonderful blog!! Hope you have a blessed day :).
Sarah