Hi there.
We went to Utah.
That is, we are in Utah.
We came down last Thursday. We had a good trip down entering ourselves for hours with photo booth on my laptop, hence all of the wacko pictures.
We had LOADS of brilliant fun.
I'll post about that later (well, probably...no guarantees on that).
It was a much needed getaway for our little family.
However, on our way home today I heard a strange sound, and then Weston heard it, and then our car started smoking.
BREAKIN' DOWN.
Break it down.
Luckily there was an exit right then and we took it. No stores or really anything except for some kind of shop.
I thought that we might have been on fire and made everyone get out a.s.a.p. ("Whatever that means. Probably 'act swiftly awesome pachyderm' - Horton) and grabbed some valuables. Weston thought that I was overreacting. So I was, but only in hindsight. I wasn't risking it.
We weren't on fire.
And Weston says that the picture above is, "very attractive."
I'm not sure, but I think that he was being sarcastic.
The radiator had cracked, so all of the water went out and the engine overheated.
Thank goodness for cell phones and for Ammons who can look up mechanic shops.
We put water in and puttered our way to Auto Zone two exits away.
We put water in and puttered our way to Auto Zone two exits away.
The radiator needed replacing. So now here we be in a hotel room in Brigham City, Utah.
An extension to our vacation.
I'm totally cool with it.
Or maybe it was the picture above that he called, "very attractive."
Whatever.
The Auto Zone guy hooked us up with a good mechanic and Weston went over to his house to get it fixed. He's back and it has a new radiator.
We'll try it out after our "free" breakfast and swimming in the morning.
We'll try it out after our "free" breakfast and swimming in the morning.
(It is sort of funny how they call it free after we payed however much for the room. Totally not free when viewed from that angle.)
The pictures are switched, I mean backward, I mean it is like a mirror. It looks like I am driving, but I was just the wee passenger. As if I would do that crazy wacko dorky stuff while driving a vehicle. Nope, not me.
Whoa, pretty freaky.
Below is a photo booth video. It might make you dizzy, or frustrated, or just plain bugged at all the extra noise that comes from it.
That's my disclaimer.
Weston wants me to say that this is our Australia trip (that we have never taken. Just because it is mirrored and looks like he is driving on the wrong side of the car.)
........
And bonus points go to who can tell me, WITHOUT googling or looking it up, who sings the song that is the title of this post.















6 comments:
That is really funny! Yes, I did think you were the driver and took all those pictures of you in the driver seat! However, I was hoping you were stopped and not trying to drive. Then it made sense when you said it was backwards...ha ha! All the pictures of you are just lovely Carrie, especially the "cousin It" one with the hair covering your face. Your hair is getting long! Those pics remind me of when we did all those silly pictures of us while testing out our self timers and multiple shutter settings on our cameras when we came to visit you a few years ago. Remember that? Glad you had a fun trip to Utah! Kyle is actually in Utah right now with my family! later gater!
grateful dead. love it :)
Those are fun and funny pics. We just got back from a get away as well. cool.
Hopefully everything goes well while you travel home and get back to normal life.
Jamee
xoxo
I didn't know who sang the song, so I guess I'm not that cool, but, fun fact for you, it was also the name of a movie with Claire Danes from the late 90s (ish) that was kind of freaky, but good.
Do I get any bonus points for being a fan of Joshua Radin?
I'm impressed with how fun you can make a drive down to Utah appear. With 5 kids. I freak out thinking about doing it with just one kid.
Um, I love all those photos and that you're making the best out of breaking down...and I also love the movie to which your post is dedicated. :)
You guys are crazy....and I love it.
I didn't know it was a movie. I just know the song. We have the tape in the suburban. Yeah Grateful Dead.
Post a Comment