Wednesday, February 23, 2011

22-Week Tummy and GENDER!

I had an O.B. "shopper" appointment today.  I think that I will switch to them (I love my other midwife, but they don't do epidurals and I would reeeally like one this time).  It is a midwife that is in an O.B. office and delivers at the hospital.  I like her.  

After I had asked her all of my questions she asked me if I had any more questions.
"Yes," I said, "can I get an ultrasound?  I really want to know the gender of this baby."
To my delight she said yes!

And so...


















wait 
for 
it
...





















We are all VERY excited!

I am so happy that this is a girl.  I feel like I should say that if it were a boy I would be just as excited, but, honestly, that isn't true.  I was really wanting a girl.

And, really quickly, I wanted to document the reaction that our kids had when they first heard the news of me being pregnant.  This was obviously from a while ago, 14 weeks ago, but it is still funny.

Me: "Guess what, kids. We're going to have a new baby in the summer.  I'm pregnant!"

Spencer:  "How do you know?"

Kate: (Looking at my 8-week tummy.) "No you're not."

Yes, darling, yes I am.

Ezra said something super cute and innocent, but a little inappropriate and I'd rather not share on the www.


Yeah, so,
now on to girly names!

the end (for now).
Photobucket

15 comments:

Staci said...

I feel like I'm the first one to know since I'm making the first comment. I feel pretty special. I am way excited for you guys. How does it feel to be the first of the family to have 2 girls? This could be the start of something. Congrats

The Castleton Family said...

YEAH!!!!! Just so you know, i was clapping at my computer out loud and saying yeah!! yep...i am just that cool! :0) congrats!!!!!

Holly said...

oh Carrie! congrats! How exciting for all of you! so now when do I get to see that pregnant little belly of yours??!

The Mrs. said...

YIPEE!!!! You thought girl long and hard and it worked!!! We are so happy for you guys, especially Kate to have a sis!

Congrats!

Jamee
xoxo

natalie said...

CARRIE LOU BEE
You could call a person!!!! SO SO excited for you and Weston...and the littles. I'll call you in the morning.
Love you! YIPPEE!
Wendy

Alyssa Jacobs said...

Woooooooooooohooooooooo!!! :D

Minna Dyer said...

Hannah read it. We clapped.

Congratulations!!!

Krissy said...

That "reveal" was so exciting! Congrats on your baby girl and on deciding to get an epidural!

Heather Van Gieson said...

Congrats!! I'm so jealous! I would love to have had one more girl, but Ella seems to be ok with being the only princess. As far as names go, Heather is a lovely name, I'm just sayin! In case you don't check your FB, I leave for Hawaii on March 9! Yeah!!!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Hooray for you and your cute family! Another beautiful girl! Oh, I am so excited for you guys. And hello? You can't possibly be 22 weeks pregnant with your FIFTH kid??? You look teeny weeny beeny.

Oh, I'm excited for you.

Maria S. Turley said...

Heather called me today and told me your good news! I'm so excited for you!!!! Girls are so much fun! Mine are already way into the make-up play and doing their nails, and wearing perfume.... can't wait til they're teenagers, ha!
Congrats:)

Sijbrich said...

I bet Weston went straight to YouTube to search out some female ping pong players for name ideas. I'd like to add a few to the list:
Maren (I'm holding out for at least one friend to name a daughter that.)
Paula or Pauline (feminine versions of Paul since Weston is going to be blown away by my husband's pingpong skills when he sees them (hopefully next Wednesday! FYI - I'm the one that's all talk. I think I've made Paul nervous now about playing at the club. He's not cocky at all.)

Congrats on having a girl! I'm very happy for you, Kate, and the rest of the fam.

liko said...

yay!!! congratulations!!

Natalie in Sparks said...

hooray! my prediction was right! (girls start crossing their legs in utero). I already have some cute girl clothes I bought for you...just in case! and I will bring you Kates hand me downs back, since you will be needing them!

The Tomlinsons said...

That is so great!!!! We are happy for you!