Got home around dinner time. We went to look for Weston to take him some grub. He's been baling (hay) like crazy lately. He hardly stops for meals. Spencer rode his bike as far down the lane as he fancied - about 1/2 mile.
Then he ditched his bike and got in with us.
We got to the field, but no sign of Weston or the tractor.
So we decided to do some bale jumping while we waited and looked some more.
First went Spencer.
And again.
Then Spencer realized that Kate and Ezra had tortilla chips.
Kate wasn't about to go for that...
...but sufficed for sharing the loot (of which Ezra was too short-legged to retrieve).
Kate went back to the side where Ezra was to console him in his loss of the chips.
Spencer apparently felt shame and followed.
Kate was done eating chips and needed a better place to look for Daddy.
She looked.
but no Daddy.
I sat in the grass.
Until Spencer jumped again and then I decided...
It was my turn.
(Now I am deciding that I look like a giant compared to my munchkins jumping 'cross the hay.)
Then we went back home and found our rancher down by the shop cleaning out the baler. He was DONE!
We headed back over to the big creek to celebrate with some serious wading.
(Look at those tan sunburn lines! What would it be like to have the same color on my whole body? I'm sure that I shall NEVER know.)
Driving back through the field on our way home, all wet and sandy, I made everyone get out and climb onto a big, huge, round, hay bale - for a picture's sake.
Even though he was tired and had been around hay ALL day for the last 2 days, my sweaty, dirty, hay-y, exhausted rancher climbed up on that scratchy hay bale so I could snap a photo.
What a man.
I LOVE HIM.
13 comments:
what i can't figure is how you get up on the thing without it rolling...i'm guessing it doesn't roll..?
and, can i just say, i.LOVE.the new header!!!
and your haircut must FEEL so awesome!!! i wish i could but i don't have the guts to chop mine off.
That was a hilarious post, I loved the commentary on all the hay bail jumping pics. And your eye for pictures is spectacular, like the one of Spencer riding his bike with Hank running along side of him.
The pics of the kids jumping were hilarious!
Love the haircut.
Jamee
xoxo
So....first of all...I LOVE YOUR HAIR! And second of all...you are so frickin' beautiful, Carrie! AND third of all, you are SO TEENY! No way you had FOUR kids. And FOURTH OF ALL, LOVE all your kids, you and Weston. You guys are the best. Great photos.
All I could think about this whole post was poor spencer and his alegeries in all that hay and grass. but you know what he wears a good smile and has fun through it all. thats terrific. What a cute post full of everything your family is made up of....FUN FUN FUN. oh and I love you hair cut. I have the same kinda style but im an addict for pinning my bangs up. youre sucha cute Mommy. those hay bails look like so much fun to skip over and around.
It was Costco Tortilla Chips! I knew it!
it's looks super nice up there.
and nice haircut Carrie
I want to jump on a hay bale and then wade in the river! Your kids are always having the most fun. I want a boonie life too!
love the hair cut.
the pictures are awesome.
Cute kids too!
Because jumping on bales of hay with tortilla chips is like oreos and milk, they just go together. I totally want tortilla chips now.
I love the photo of all of you on the bales, that is now the header. Awesome family photo. Seriously, probably one of the best that was ever snapped.
I've never seen a manlier photo of Weston than that of him standing on the bale holding a baby in diapers with one arm. That one will go down in history books.
I love the hair. You are such a beautiful lady.
Those are some of the best pictures. You must really love living on the farm...you get such good pictures.
Fabulous post, my dear, fabulous. I love the photo, aka, The New Header.
And seriously, you look too pretty to be a busy mom of 4 young kids that live on a ranch and play on bales of hay, etc. Not fair.
That was a cute post! I love the pictures to go along with the whole story...or is it a story to go along with all the pictures? Anyway, it was very cute and entertaining, and those bales of hay are awesome! I bet it's fun jumping on them. And your hair looks great! Nice and summer-y.
Speaking of hair, I have cut your hair once and highlighted it once, and both times I feel didn't turn out like I wanted. (remember the chunky uneven streaks of blonde that started like 1 inch from your scalp? sorry.) I was thinking about that the other day and thinking that you probably will never let me touch your hair again. But i really want to redeem myself, so can I do your hair again sometime?
Post a Comment