Friday, March 26, 2010

this is now


Jiles falls asleep on me (while nursing) every day. Bad habit? Depends on your perspective, I suppose. Cuddly, bonding time with my sweet babe = wonderful; human pacifier = not cool. I try to move him, to give him a better rest in his crib, but he just wakes up, sputtering a "how rude, I can't believe you are moving and waking me up" sputtery cry. So I just sit and hold him and surf the net, blog, read a book or look at a magazine, or close my eyes myself- or just stare around at the room I'm in to see what I can do better- millions of things. The stationary moment is nice.

The older kids run and play. Today it's ponies.

Jiles wakes. He never naps like that for very long.
.
.
.
.
Weston's tired of milking. Burnt out. He bought "store-bought" milk last night. My first reaction was, "No he di ' int!!" But I can see how every now and then he needs a break. I feel that way sometimes with dinner. Burnt out. So last night he bought milk and we got Subway for dinner. It was good. But I must admit that a home-cooked meal washed down with fresh raw milk would've been better. Way better.
.
.
.
.
P.S. The incubated eggs are scheduled to hatch tomorrow.
P.P.S. Tomorrow night we're having a lil' get together for Weston's birthday (which is Monday). It's at 5 at our house if you want to come.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Elise said...

Mmmmm...raw milk is so delish!

I recently read a study how drinking raw milk as a child can prevent allergies. Cool, huh?

Keri said...

We'll be there...yeah I wish. I think its beautiful that he naps in your arms. I have never been that kinda Mama and now that they are all grown omewhat out of that stage I so wish I would have stopped in my tracks, slowed down my speed and took time out each day to snuggle my baby during their napping slumbers. I know its hard being a paci all the time, but think of the wonderful blessing he gives you each day to slow down ponder your thoughts and start of refreshed for the afternoon. what a great way to take a brake. Youre awesome. by the way if we dont make it for dinner on time can you try and save me a glass of fresh raw milk. never tried it and would love a sip. see ya tomorrow. ;)

Unknown said...

I feel your pain sistah. Karie is the same way. I just bought that Dr. Ferber book though, so wish me luck.

liko said...

hmmm...raw milk...that must taste dreamy!!
but i can sympathize with the dinner-cooking -- sometimes you just need a break.