Sunday, October 4, 2009

my birfday

Photobucket
Chalk one more year up for this white girl.

Ein und dreizig. That is one and thirty, auf Deutsch (in German... that was my high school language).

We watched General Conference. Loved it. What a birthday gift having conference on my bday. Seriously what a gift not having to get everyone up, dressed, and going.

Weston and the little sweets made me nice artsy pix during conference. We hung them on the windows behind the dining table.

This one is Kate's:

Photobucket

And this one is titled "Mommy As The Goalie" by Spencer:

Photobucket

I LOVE my children's art. Really, really love it.

After conference, Grammie and Grandad (my parental unit) came over. Mom walked in our house carrying homemade chicken and black bean enchiladas, homemade rolls, and chocolate cake with homemade chocolate-peanut-butter-mint frosting (BEST EVER). Talk about delicious aroma. It was my birthday wish, all of those things. Kate made the sweetest little name cards and placed them at our settings at the table.

Photobucket
Photobucket

And after the derlishious meal...peresents. Grammie wraps them oh so pretty!

Photobucket

(Notice Kate's new wings...)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And then the cake. The cake with the frosting. The frosting that tastes like mint. And chocolate. And peanut-butter. All together. This taste I have come to know as the taste of MY BIRTHDAY, ever since I was a wee girl. My mom made it especially for me because I wanted all 3 of my favorite flavors together. Thanks Mom, for loving me so much, then and now. I love it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy is life.

Thanks for all of the calls and "Happy Birthday"s and stuff from everyone. Thanks Mom and Dad for life. Thanks Weston for making my day special, too (we're the same age again ;)).

Yay to 31!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

p.s. I'm thinking about ending all of my posts like this:

I REALLY LOVE MY LIFE!

10 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie! You rock, and I love you. I love that you love your life! PS- You and Weston are ADORABLE!

Sarah said...

awwww what a cute post!!! as are all of your posts! i love your blog!!! :) so glad you had such a special day with so many special people!!! happy bday!!! :)

Dan said...

happy birthday!

The Mrs. said...

I am so happy for you and that your people got you everything you wanted:all your birthday dreams!!

I was thinking of you and your frosting....yumyum.

Jamee
xoxo

Elise said...

Happy Birthday! Your family is getting cuter than ever. I love the artwork :).

Pikula's said...

Happy Birthday, I love your life too!!! Especially reading about it on your blog!! The new top border is adorable!

Natalie in Sparks said...

What a fun day! I am glad your parents got to come for it. That frosting sounds good. I think I will have to try it. Could you get the recipe from your mom for me?

Love you Carrie! Look for goodies at the post office in a few days!

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-mm:chocolate-peanut-butter-mint frosting :D
oh boy do i remember that stuff!
happy bday cbsa:)
love seeing your pics & fam & littles :))

Tyson Andelin said...

Happy bday! I'm sorry I'm late. Looks like it was a momentous occasion! That's great!

Wow, is that a fire. We still use the AC

The Castleton Family said...

I feel like you just turned 30! I remember when you said how you loved turning 30...and i thought to myself...carebear has got to be one of the coolest people i know on earth!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!