Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Saw Red

Remember this post when I said that I really wanted to paint the library red?
.
Well, I painted it. Nearly 7 weeks ago now. It ONLY took me a week. And that $10 paint job turned into a $30 paint job because I ended up needing 2 gallons. (In hindsight, I should have primed the room first in a dark color of something we already had on hand here.)
.
I LOVE IT! I cannot describe how happy I feel when I see those walls. Delightful.
.
This is the only picture I am posting now because I have yet to unpack some boxes in that room/organize/finish decorating.
Photobucket

I'm trying to pick a color for the main area, which is what you can see to the right in the picture. I was thinking of maybe a yellow/honey/mustard-y or maybe an avocado-ish or gray (I think I'd get depressed in the winter though)....I really don't know. But I would love to paint it some color at some very near future time.
.
The whole week I was painting the room (one children's nap/movie at a time) I had the song Saw Red by Sublime in my head. I have it on an old college-days mix tape. Maybe you could come over and we could sit in our library, look at the walls and listen to it.

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

All right, I'll be there.
How does the 24th of Nov sound?

Jamee
xoxo

The Tomlinsons said...

Love the red! Nice job:)

Holly said...

I do love red too! I painted my laundry room and wondering what else would look good with a splash of red. :) Miss ya girl! When do we get to play??!?!

Natalie in Sparks said...

Love it! I like the maps too. We put up some maps in Kyle and Austins room and they look great too.
I say do a color in the front room that is warm and inviting. One that will go good with the fireplace.