There is something about seeing my kids sleeping that refreshes me, replenishes my mother reservoir, rekindles my mommy flame when it has burned out. It also gives me a feeling of accomplishment; I survived bedtime once more! But more than that, I've accomplished taking care of these precious but dependent little bodies for one more day. Whether defined a "successful" day or not (by the sometimes too high standards we set for ourselves), I did it. I tried. I loved. I fed. I read. I played. I hugged. I prayed.
.
I look at them sleeping and feel really happy and warm and loving and loved. It does my heart good.
6 comments:
I couldnt agree any more. I remember a post I did a while back very simular. And still to this day there nothing more beautiful than gazzing and your little sleeping beauties. To me I like to call this " A Mothers Fuel" I love this post Carrie. Beautifully said.
Last night Carter and Olivia were sleeping and Brigham would not go to sleep, but the second I laid down with him he relaxed and could keep his eyes open. Daron came in and said, "I thought you were going to just check on him."
Sometimes the hubby does not understand the accomplishment on putting all the children to sleep, at the same time.
Love you.
Jamee
xoxo
couldN'T keep his eyes open...
So dang cute, we always say that our favorite time is when the kids are sleeping. They are like little angles.
Love love love sleeping babies. Somehow they are just that much more beautiful asleep. Sometimes it makes me want to wake them up because I miss them..that would definitely break my no waking sleeping baby rule.
You said it so perfectly! What a wonderful post! And you gotta love those sleeping pictures:) You have such darling kids!!
Post a Comment