I was thinking yesterday how stupid I was being for not wanting to say the name I like. What's the big deal? He'll be here in 6 weeks or so anyway. Why not tell now? Even if we don't decide to name him that (which in my mind it's already his name). When I inquired of Weston on his stand on the name, he replied, "I haven't really thought about it." So, with Kate saying it all the time, I hope he'll start to think of him with that name.
There were some great guesses. I'm surprised at how many names there are that start with J and have an E in it. Maybe I'll keep some in mind for our next baby boy, if there is one. Jericho, Joseph, Japeth, James, Jake, Jace, Jarome, Jamee (haha), Jedidiah, Jens, Jared, Jayden, and Jesse. And middle name guesses of Daron and Dan (great guys, but not the name).
Okay, the name is (and hopefully will be): Jiles David Andelin. Anti-climatic? I hope not. But even if you think so, whatever, I still love it. Inspiration for Jiles: an NPR newscaster man I heard while driving home one day when Ezra was a baby. I guess he had a really nice voice or something because I was thinking, "Ooo. I love that name." I actually forgot about it for a while and then just like 3 months ago or so I remembered it.
And the inspiration for David: that's my oldest brother's name. He's 7 1/2 years my senior, and I always idolized him as a child. He ALWAYS treated me the best, taking me for rides in his vintage VW bug, listening to The Police, Beastie Boys, Joy Division, and what not. He took me to my softball games when I was 9 and 10 and sat and cheered me on, and even let me hang out with him and his friends sometimes. That says a lot considering he was a teenaged boy! As we got older and he went away to college, I missed him, but whenever he would come home we would pick things right back up and, with some of our other siblings, do things like go sleep on the beach, drive to Canada, head downtown at 1 am, or just play field hockey in the living room. He's always fun and loves to be doing things. Even now as a Dad. So, he is a great guy to name our son after. And he was named after our granddad, another great David man.
So there you have it. Jiles. Jiles David. I love it. What do you think?
And really quick (or maybe not so quick), I had a funny dream last night that I'm afraid reflects my homemaking skills at present. In my dream I was working at Subway (MMMM!) and I remember trying to sweep the floor but I kept getting distracted so the floor always had junk on it and the broom was always leaning against the wall and in the way. I was eating a great big chocolate chip Subway cookie (I guess that is what I was distracted by) and stashing some more under the counter for later. I went back into the dish room and set the dirty dish that I had on the counter and everything in there was disorderly and untouched and I thought, "I'll do them later." When I came back out, there were people there for lunch. So I went to help make someone's sandwich, but everything was really messy and unorganized and I couldn't figure out where to start. One of the other workers gave me the bread with meat and cheese on it for me to do the veggies, but the bread was miniature, like the size of my thumb, and there were no veggies to be seen. The lady that we were making it for got all mad and asked if she could come and clean up because she was so disgusted by how things were. That was the end.
While I was gathering the pieces of my dream in my mind this morning while I was making breakfast, I looked around and saw last night's dinner dishes with nasty Hamburger Helper bits still crusted on them piled up by the sink, the plate of chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies that I made yesterday and ate way too many of, and the junked-up counters, floor with cheerios and popcorn and whatever else, messy table, living room, etc. I thought, "Poor Weston. Poor family." I think that the lady in my dream probably represents how Weston feels. I SUCK! I'm FAILING! I can't keep up!
My mom was in my dream, too. And I was hugging her! And she is coming next week to help me make some freezer meals and help pack to move. MY SAVING GRACE! She usually is. Thank heavens! I love you mother! Maybe she was the disgusted lady in my dream, too.
Oh, and just for the record: I didn't have my last baby at home, as my dear, sweet friend thought. I had him with a midwife, but at a nice birthing center right near the hospital. And, yes, we're going that route again because it was awesome, other than the fact that I couldn't get an epidural. But my deliveries as fast so it's all good. Painful as all get out, but not for too long, and a much better recovery.
The end.
7 comments:
I love the name! How exciting! You're such a hot mamma...Hang in there!
Cute Name!
I love it.
Dear sweet little Jiles David.
I was laughing so hard at your dream. Very typical in my daily life too.
BUT....everyone loves you. Your kids still prefer you over any other mother figure no matter what you think your failures are.
Plus...you have an eternity to get the perfect Wife/mother thing down...just smile while your trying...
Wish we were coming your way soon. Hopefully we see you in May.
Wanna stay at my house???
Jamee
Really like the name. It totally works with your fam. If weston objects just tell him that you are giving him his 3rd boy and he doesn't really have a say!
You are 34 weeks prego with three kids already. Give yourself a break! Moms on the way and that's what she's there for. You are most definitely not failing. Focus on the fact that you actually made food for your family and that's why there are dirty dishes.
the last comment was April Farmer bytheway
hey I have to tell you im gonna smack weston over the head if he doesnt go with that name. is incredible and I love everything about it. what an awesome name. good luck with everything hope when the time comes it will be a good delivery. youre just so cute and look beautiful each and everytime youre pregnant.
cute name, cute hair and cute belly! hang in there girl, your baby will be here sooooon!
Post a Comment