We'll cover the Norwegian part first. My biggest bro David (well, oldest; at 6'1", he's the shortest of my 3 bros), his wife Diane, and 3 kids, Eli (8), Adam (6), and Mary Alice (4) have been living in Norway for the last year and a half. Before that, they lived in Alaska for 5 years, and before that Texas, and before that Oklahoma... (he's worked for Conoco-Phillips as a
geophysicist the whole time, and they enjoy transferring and seeing other places). We haven't been able to see them all that often in the last 8 years. SO, when they come around this way, it's sort of a big deal. This picture cracks me up: On the far left we have Aidan, my oldest sister Holly's 5-year-old. I thought he was really mad when I took this picture, but after I took it he started busting up laughing. Then next to him we have pasty white Spencer, then Eli with his pretend light saber, and then Adam. Spencer, Mr. Social, was in heaven with 3 friends/cousins to play with.
And now for the shrinky-dinks.
I totally remember doing these as a kid in our under-construction kitchen. They are really fun to do, and easy, and make you feel like an accomplished artiste. Mom and Diane picked these up for the kids to do. The kids did a ton, and so did Diane and Grammie. Here are some that I was lucky enough to bring home:
I totally remember doing these as a kid in our under-construction kitchen. They are really fun to do, and easy, and make you feel like an accomplished artiste. Mom and Diane picked these up for the kids to do. The kids did a ton, and so did Diane and Grammie. Here are some that I was lucky enough to bring home:
Oh, and by the way, that is my new grey/silver rug as the backdrop there. I'm actually thinking of taking it back because it stinks like new carpet! And I really am afraid that Spencer will have asthma troubles because of it; I'm pretty sure that he did with the new carpet of this house when we moved in.
Woo-hoo!!
Yay for 4-year-old girl cousins!
Katelyn and Mary Alice are quite the pair. Aren't they cute? Notice their matching necklaces that Grammie got them and their bracelets that they made. They are opposites in coloring. Mary Alice with her fair hair and complexion, and blue eyes (which they don't look blue in the pictures) totally fits the look of a little Norwegian girl. Kate was so shy the whole time and finally warmed up when we took these pictures, 1/2 hour before we parted ways. Maybe next time we get together they'll actually play together.
1 comment:
How fun to have family visit!!! That is always such a highlight for me. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. You are so creative, Carrie! You're always doing fun stuff with your kids. It must be fun to live at your house!
Post a Comment