Sunday, February 8, 2009

Full-Hearted Homecoming

Tonight my heart is full as I type this. Weston and I are back from a 3 1/2 day trip to St. George, Utah for Weston's brother's wedding (pictures and details to follow soon), and our little family is once again united. I swear that our children grew in those 3 1/2 days while we've been away. I swear that Ezra is talking more tonight than he did when I kissed him good-bye. And I swear that I love those little heads a million times more now than when I boarded that plane.
Those said little heads are snuggled oh so contently into their cushy pillows, and they are snoozing - happy to be in their own beds again. I sit here on my semi-hard, spinny office chair thinking how happy I am that I am near them again. I really missed them.
Tonight as we drove home from the babysitter's house, all crammed together in our compact car, I took such delight in their squeaky little voices; tonight, all smooshed together in that stained Lazy-boy chair, I didn't want to be anywhere else but cuddled up with those 3 darling mini-bodies, sharing that bowl of dry Life cereal, and feeling sweet bun #4 kicking in my tum-tum most vivaciously.
The time away with Weston and his family was lovely, unforgettable even, and our children had a great time, too, with many activities keeping them busy. But now it is time to be together again. At HOME.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HOME is one of my favorite words.

The Mrs. said...

"There is nothing like staying home for real comfort."
- Jane Austin

Keri said...

im with you on that one carrie. I just got home today from a 3 day trip away from all 4 of my boys one of them being my hubby. and even though all day is hectic and crazy i have found new joy in the back to back energy my kids and family bring. I agree its nice to be home.