Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grammie and Grandad Sheley move to Idaho!

Yes, that's right. My Mom and Dad made the big move (well I guess the "big move" was from Virginia to Utah in 2003...this is "that next big move", and maybe the last?). They are now only an hour and 20 minutes drive away from us! And they live about 3 miles from my oldest sister Holly and her family.

I love having them so close! And so do the kids.



Ezra loved snuggling up with Grandad last Thursday and sharing 2 of Grandad's favorite activities: reading and napping.



And the super bonus for them: they are in a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW house. This is the 1st time that either of them have ever lived in a new house. After 39 years of fixer-uppers (don't get me wrong Dad, we've loved them!), my Dad wanted to treat my Mom to a home that all she had to do was decorate. Way to go Dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting, they are super nice.

Anonymous said...

That{s great to have them so much closer to you.

Anonymous said...

I love your family! I know I haven't met all of them but judging by the ones I do know....and how nice to have them so close.

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to have your family around you!

Anonymous said...

looks like a nice house. And of course, your parents are nice too!