Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Reunion 2008


Above is a photo of the 10 grandkids (Natalie is 7 months pregnant with number 11): Spencer, Ezra, Carter, Kaleb, Olivia, Kate, Austin, Brigham, Kyle, and Ethan.

This is a long post.
We went to Nevada last week for Weston's brother Daron's Police Academy graduation and a little Andelin reunion.

Wednesday we went to Carson City to visit our friends from when we lived there (Keri, Melissa, Wykle, Flansbergs, Waltzes, Lehmanns, Asps, wish we could've seen many more). It was fun popping in on people.

On thursday morning we went to Daron's graduation. He was the valedictorian! You go Daron! He gave a great speech; it was very inspiring.
Here are the brothers six in age order at the graduation (it is so funny to watch because whenever they have their picture taken with all 6 they automatically get in age order without even saying anything): Cameron, Weston, Daron, Jamon, Tyson, and Ammon.



After the graduation, the guys went out to lunch and then went golfing. The ladies and the kids went to Natalie's house for some baby-pool-swimming, deck-jumping fun. I was laughing with Jamee and Natalie about how most moms would freak out if their child was jumping from the deck railing. But did we freak out or discourage it in the least bit? Um, no, of course not; we were taking pictures of it. Jumpers in these photos: Spencer, Kaleb, Ethan, and Kate. Yep, that's my girl.



Friday we headed up to Lake Tahoe! I hadn't been there since we moved from Carson City 2 1/2 years ago. It was an awesome day and we had tons of fun. The brothers biked the flume trail (Weston ran into Chad Evans on the trail..small world) and then met up with us at Sand Harbor.

I tell you, we are easily entertained. Who knew that a log could provide for hours of entertainment? Jamee was laughing at me because the day before I told her that I took a color code personality test and I tested to be a yellow. Yellows are motivated by fun. At the lake I would not go in the water for anything; Lake Tahoe is so cold and I have issues with immersing myself into anything cooler than 80 degrees. But when they got the log in the water, I was there. Motivated by fun, there you have it.





Ezra did not want to have anything on his little self. He ended up naked quite a few times.


On Saturday, we all participated in the Andelin Olympics, which were arranged by Cameron and Natalie. The events were as follows and they were, of course, competitive: Relay race with a child, water/sponge train, water drinking, sit-ups, jump rope, and telemarketing. Yes, telemarketing. I told you Andelins can have fun with and be competitive in ANYTHING. And of course it is always a blast. Did I mention that ANDELIN is Swedish for 'entertaining rivalry'? Jk. It is Swedish though.
In the pictures, Weston's racing with Spencer on his back and Natalie's timing with her cell phone. (What a cute pregnant lady, huh?)



Saturday night we celebrated the June birthdays: Jamon, Kyle, Brigham, Ezra, and Kate. Kate was pretty excited about her "mote-control" jeep, even though it didn't have fire on the side like she wanted. It did have red wheels though. She also loved the puppy and carrier that Olivia gave her, and the lip gloss, tiarra, and cinderella story from Natalie. Mom and Dad Andelin got to be with us for a couple hours via Skype. That was really cool to see them and have them sort of with us.



Sunday, Kate's birthday, we headed home. Besides a throw-up and 2 feverish children in an unairconditioned car, the ride was fairly uneventful.

Thanks to Daron for graduating, to Cameron and Natalie for planning a fun reunion, and to Daron and Jamee for hosting us. Let's do it again next year, yeah?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun! My family will be at Lake Tahoe in two weekends without us, but that's ok we'll be at Minna's family reunion in Cannon Beach OR.

Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like you had a good time here. It was really nice to see you again. I wish we would have had more time. Jumping off the deck looks like so much fun. Maybe we'll have to make a trip up to see you guys sometime.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Let's plan a big get together next year when we get back.

It's true that Andelins can be competitive with anything and have great fun. I remember jumping up the stairs or wall sitting or hanging from a high bar by just a couple of fingers or rubber band shooting or ....

Anonymous said...

Chad told me he ran into "Weston Andelin" up on the Tahoe Flume, and I told him, "No, you must be mistaken...they're in Idaho." He told me, "Nope. It was him. From Sparks." I was like, what the freak? That is CRAZY! I'm totally jealous that you guys went to Tahoe. I miss it soooo much! We need to have a Tahoe reunion again...that was fun. Picnic at Harrah's!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, I think you are going to win the best blog prize by Bill Gates.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog because I swear you have the most wholesome family on earth. Family Olympics? Thats awesome.

Anonymous said...

That looked like such a fun day. Oh and I wanted to tell you I LOVE the color code. I have been a big fan now for a while. My husband is a yellow too! Us blue people need you guys to bring a little spark in our lives! :)